Core Value Proposition – Ticketing Agencies, Developed Markets
If your ticketing agency is operating in developed markets, your electronic ticket distribution channel has high consumer adoption and is mature and efficient. You most probably have a well developed sponsorship business, but are seeking new ways to increase revenues. You have probably evaluated some mobile ticketing technologies but have not made a decision or determined the business model. In the mean time you are paying close attention to the development of the electronic secondary markets for your tickets.
bCODE’s Mobile Ticketing platform can provide your ticketing organization with:
1. A high-coverage, high-reliability mobile ticket delivery channel (99.7% device support with a backup method for the 0.3%) at reasonably low CAPEX investment;
2. Just-in-time mobile ticket delivery to support both better consumer convenience and your increasing ability to manage dynamic ticket pricing, secondary market sales and last minute ticket sales (Ticket confirmation sent via SMS / Email on purchase, Ticket in secure bCODE sent very close to event opening);
3. On-venue up-sell and upgrade on bCODE MediaPlane kiosks (similar to airline ticket upgrades);
4. Additional touch points for your sponsorship business;
5. Additional customer database data;
bCODE Mobile Promotions & Affinity Marketing launched for Sprint Nextel, the third largest US mobile carrier, across 700 ScreenVision cinema locations in the United States.
bCODE Mobile Ticketing launched for cinema patrons at Manly Cinemas in Sydney, Australia.
bCODE Mobile Ticketing powers the mobile delivery channel for Showclix, an online ticketing and box office service based in Pittsburgh, PA.
Core Value Proposition – Ticketing Agencies, Emerging Markets
If your ticketing agency is operating in emerging markets, paper tickets and box office pick up is probably still the dominant distribution channel. PC Internet and Print-at-home penetration amongst your customer base is low. You are developing a sponsorship business and electronic secondary markets are still in early development.
bCODE’s Mobile Ticketing platform can provide your ticketing organization with:
1. A high-coverage, high-reliability mobile + default electronic ticket delivery channel (99.7% device support with a backup method for the 0.3%) at reasonably low CAPEX investment.
2. Just-in-time mobile ticket delivery to support both better consumer convenience and your organization’s ability to manage dynamic ticket pricing, offer last minute ticket sales and control secondary market sales (Ticket confirmation sent via SMS / Email on purchase, Ticket in secure bCODE sent very close to event opening).
3. At-venue up-sell and upgrade on bCODE MediaPlane kiosks (similar to airline ticket upgrades).
4. Enable payment of tickets using Mobile Wallets (eg. Globe GCash).
5. Provide additional opportunity for sponsorships, e.g. on-ticket, pre-event, post-event, on-scanner, etc.
6. Build a customer database.
|Golden Village Cinemas
bCODE Mobile Ticketing powers mobile ticketing for Golden Village Cinemas, Singapore’s largest movie chain. The service is the first mobile ticketing service for cinemas in South East Asia.
bCODE Mobile Ticketing powers SM Tickets, a leading concert and sports ticketing service in the Philippines. SM Tickets is a part of the SM Group, the largest retail conglomerate in the Philippines and one of the largest in the region
Core Value Proposition – Venue Owners and Event Organizers
If your venues and events are not represented by a mass ticket distributor, and are currently using a software or cloud-based e-ticket management system, bCODE Mobile Ticketing contains APIs that can easily integrate with your existing system to enable Mobile delivery of tickets. bCODE can provide you with a high-coverage, high-reliability mobile + default electronic ticket delivery channel (99.7% device support with a backup method for the 0.3%) at reasonably low CAPEX investment.
|Rock in Rio + Vodafone
bCODE Mobile Ticketing and Affinity Marketing launched for general admission sponsored by Vodafone at Rock in Rio, Lisbon, Portugal
|vFestival + Virgin Mobile
bCODE Mobile Ticketing & Affinity Marketing launched for VIP admission for Virgin Mobile customers at V Festivals across 5 Australian cities
If your venues and events are not represented by a mass ticket distributor, and are not yet offering any form of electronic or online ticketing, bCODE Mobile Ticketing can provide you with a turnkey Mobile + Online electronic ticket management system. We have a number of partners that provide ticket management back-end systems that bCODE can readily integrate with.
Core Value Proposition – Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions (MICE)
bCODE Mobile Ticketing can provide your conferences and exhibitions with the following key benefits:
1. Convenience / efficiency- the ability to send an admission badge / visitor’s pass to a visitor, electronically, to his/her mobile device is convenient for the visitor, and supports much higher throughput at busy conferences at check-in time than badge collection.
2. Additional turnout – assists with last minute sales, and the sale and distribution over non-traditional channels. For example, a consumer may see an advertisement on a billboard or in a nearby mall to the conference center, and may be able to simple text “ABC Conference” to 22633 to receive an instant visitor’s pass.
3. On-site Mobile CRM – once a visitor scans his/her bCODE mobile visitor’s pass, the system will know that this visitor is probably going to be inside the conference for the next 30 minutes – 2 hours. The system can leverage this temporary mobile customer relationship to send useful information, interested promotional offers or drive them to particular sponsoring exhibitor booths.
bCODE Mobile Ticketing has been used as standard admission mechanism for CeBIT Australia, the largest IT exhibition in Asia Pacific, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
|CTIA Wireless + NOKIA
bCODE Mobile Ticketing used as the only admission mechanism for NOKIA’s post conference event, for CTIA Wireless, the largest mobile technology conference in the US, in San Francisco.
bCODE Mobile Ticketing was used as standard admission mechanism for the Singapore Airshow, Asia’s largest airshow, in 2008 and 2010
How Does It Work?
For online ticket purchases, your patron would select the “bCODE Mobile Ticket Delivery” option for ticket pick up. Instead of having to print a barcode ticket at home or pick up at the box office, the mobile ticket would arrive instantly at your patron’s mobile phone as a plain text SMS, which he/she could then scan at the entrance to gain entry to the event. A paper receipt will be printed which can be used for verification at other locations on-site, or used as a pass to get in and out of the venue temporarily.
For online event registrations, your conference visitor would select the “bCODE Mobile Ticket Delivery” option for badge pick up. Instead of having to print a barcode ticket at home or pick up at conference check-in, the mobile ticket would arrive instantly at your visitor’s mobile phone as a plain text SMS, which he/she could then scan at entrance of the event and an integrated barcode or smartcard badge printer will be able to dispense the badge.
For mobile opt-in advertised on different types of media, the visitor can text “ABC Conference” to 22633 to receive an instant visitor’s pass.
IT & Operational Considerations
Your IT & operational departments are concerned with having to support additional technology infrastructure at the event check-in, which can sometimes be crowded. Event set-up time can be short. Your operations people are concerned with having to ship in and ship out additional equipment. Your IT people want to understand how Mobile Ticketing will integrate with existing event admission, visitor badge and event registration systems.
Operationally, the MediaPlane scanners are cloud-based devices. They are connected to the cloud via 3G or Wi-Fi.
This architecture allows for significant server-side monitoring, reporting and systems management services, enabling bCODE to remotely support the infrastructure without over burdening your operations staff.
As for integration, the bCODE MediaPlanes can integrate directly via Ethernet, Wi-Fi or USB into your existing admission / badge dispensing system / printers.
Passes to temporarily leave a venue – in most instances, a physical ticket / token / card is issued at admission, which the patron / visitor can use to get temporary passage in and out.
In terms of security, the unique and encrypted nature of each bCODE “instance” ensures that no Mobile Ticket can be used twice and no consumer will be able to create its own valid bCODE.
CLICK HERE to watch a video on CeBIT Australia.
Deployment Experience and Product Maturity
bCODE’s Mobile Ticketing platform had been deployed to Event Ticketing Customers in 10 countries globally since 2007. It had gone through many product iterations to have reached this level of product maturity.
bCODE Mobile Ticketing is a comprehensive Mobile Commerce industry solution with proven operational successes for Event Ticketers, and is not just a new piece of technology.
CLICK HERE to contact bCODE to learn more about how this can be applicable to you.